WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Patrons at the Boiler Bistro on Purdue's campus will get something new to try in the coming months.
Starting Feb. 19, the Boiler Bistro will form a pop-up restaurant collaboration with the Chicago-based restaurant Urban Belly.
The Bistro will still serve some of their items but will add some Ramen and dumpling items to the menu.
Students will also be given a chance to market the pop-up.
Educators said this gives Purdue students in Hospitality and Tourism Management real-world experience.
"It is a win-win in so many different ways. Our mission is solely academic so whatever food service activities we have in this building tie into what we teach and it is very critical for us to bring real world experiences to our students," said Ambarish Lulay, the department chef for the School of Hospitality and Tourism.
The pop-up will run from Feb. 19 until April 19. The Boiler Bistro is open 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- New restaurant popping up at Purdue
- Comic and pop culture convention comes to Lafayette
- Purdue to make announcement regarding Purdue NewU
- Purdue Archives offers look into Purdue's history
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Harris, Purdue crush Purdue Fort Wayne 78-44
- Purdue's pyro problems
- PURDUE POSTGAME SHOW: Indiana
- Purdue president's contract extended
- Remembering Purdue's Tyler Stephan