LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - New renderings are providing the latest preview at what will be the new coliseum at the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds.
"Pretty much we have everything narrowed down to exactly what the building is going to be designed and look like,” said County Commissioner David Byers.
New renderings show what the new coliseum will most likely look like at the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds.
According to Byers, everything will remain how it looks apart from a few possible changes.
"We have the duct work, we're working on colors. Really we're down to just the final prints,” said Byers.
The renderings show the coliseum's layout, exterior and a preview of the interior.
They will soon be sent out to contractors ahead of bidding in July.
Construction on the fairgrounds began last summer with minor setbacks due to recent rain. But Byers says that hasn't slowed down work or interest in the new additions.
"We've had some animal shows that have looked at them. We had some conventions. We had one group that wants to square-dance all weekend there. It's really just a broad range of what's happening,” said Byers.
While changes continue to the fairgrounds, Byers says it'll provide a greater benefit to the community.
"The fair is really two weeks out of the year. This gives us fifty weeks out of the year for other services,” said Byers.
No official start date is set for construction to begin on the coliseum, but Byers said it will be after this year's county fair.
- New renderings of new coliseum released
- Renderings released, construction to start on West Lafayette Wellness and Aquatic Center
- Purdue releases spring football schedule
- Needle exchange releases updated statistics
- Girls sectional basketball pairings released
- Disney releases new 'Aladdin' trailer
- IHSAA releases sectional softball pairings
- IHSAA releases sectional baseball pairings
- IHSAA releases sectional volleyball pairings
- IHSAA releases sectional football pairings