WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- The location of a new recreation center has been released.
The building will be located in Cumberland Park and on the site of the Park's Barn.
The barn is currently being used as a parks office and some of the parks department will be moving into the new city hall.
Developers are already 11 months into the project with a few design ideas in mind.
Development Director Erik Carlson said some classes will shift to the new facility while the others will stay at the renovated Morton Center.
"We also hope to have classroom space for like our dance classes, yoga, things like that," Carlson said. "Things that are occurring in this building that will go up into the new rec center."
The city hopes to break ground on the recreation center next spring.
- New recreation center is taking over Cumberland Park barn location
- WL recreation center planning continues
- Cumberland Elementary class gets a surprise visitor
- Statewide Silver Alert cancelled for Cumberland man
- City seeks feedback on developing recreational center
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation begin winterization process
- West Lafayette parks and recreation superintendent resigns
- Cumberland students inspire local mascot to promote recycling
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: US 231 and Cumberland are back open
- Cumberland Elementary Students celebrate Say's Firefly Bill passing House