LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A $4.2 million general obligation bond is going to be used for various projects throughout the Lafayette School Corporation.
All of the work will start in 2020 and be funded from the GO Bond.
It's used to assess the needs of the schools and is paid off by the end of the year.
Projects throughout Lafayette schools being worked on includes roofing at Edgelea, technology advancement at several schools and Lafayette Jeff High School getting a projector for the auditorium.
Les Huddle said some of the projects will be done sooner rather than later.
"You'll see a lot," said Huddle. "Obviously we are touching physical buildings and those kinds of things and those will be done in the summer."
LSC will hold a public meeting to discuss finalizing the plans for the schools.
As of now that is scheduled for Oct. 14th.
- New projects coming to Lafayette schools in 2020
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track
- Lafayette girl chosen as 2020 Riley Champion
- Promenade project in Lafayette has another setback
- West Lafayette Awarded for State Street Project
- Repaving project coming to Bar Barry Heights
- History lecture series coming to West Lafayette
- Taste of Tippecanoe comes to downtown Lafayette
- West Lafayette bridge to come down
- The Greater Lafayette honor flight comes home