TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A new principal is taking the reigns at Klondike Middle School and an assistant principal is taking over at Woodland Elementary School.
The Tippecanoe School Corporation has selected Deb Carter to replace Christine Cannon.
Cannon is retiring after 25 years in education and 15 with TSC.
Carter is from Laporte and served as the principal of Paul Boston Middle School for several years and she served as principal for six years at a middle school in Rochester.
She brought many family members to the approval Wednesday at TSC's main office
Carter said she realizes that this community is tight knit.
"It's my number one priority, so absolutely," said Carter. "I consider myself a service leader. I am here to support the teachers so the teachers can do their very best job for our students and our students are our children and our grandchildren."
Klondike Middle has more than 400 students.
Carter says TSC's reputation for excellence attracted her to the position.
Also on Wednesday, a new assistant principal is taking over at Woodland Elementary School.
Brock Richardson is filling the vacancy in June when Lee Sweet moves over to Principal at Woodland.
Richardson has five years of experience teaching fifth grade at Western Intermediate in Russiaville.
He will oversee curriculum and student discipline development of the K-5 school of 630 students.
The following is from a TSC press release:
Richardson said he is excited to pursue his passion in elementary education at Woodland.
“My goal is to foster a positive and collaborative learning environment for the staff and students at Woodland, where we are all driven to reach success for every student,” said Richardson. “I view myself as an individual with a growth mindset; I am always seeking ways to improve and be a part of the forefront of change and decision making where the best interest of students is kept a priority.”
- New positions filled within Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Tippecanoe School Corporation celebrates class of 2018
- New school, renovations possibly coming to the Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Propane fueled buses on the way to Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Tippecanoe School Corporation names teacher of the year reps
- Tippecanoe School Corporation and the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department team up for enforcement blitz
- School corporation is improving facilities
- Understanding Frontier School Corporation's Referendum
- The West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Superintendent position is filled
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track