LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Lafayette Police Department's two newest officers were sworn in this morning.
Henry Ayala and Bradley Servies swore in to the department during a special swearing in and promotion ceremony.
They will begin field training with the department Tuesday.
They are also scheduled to attend the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy this summer.
The ceremony also recognized five officers for their recent promotions within the department.
Captain Brian Phillips has been assigned to head the Administrative services division.
Lieutenant William Carpenter has been assigned to the Operations division.
Lieutenant Matthew Gard has been assigned to Administrative services.
Sergeant Brian Clawson has been assigned to the Patrol Division as a night shift sergeant.
Sergeant Donna Rector has been assigned to the Patrol Division as a night shift sergeant.
Each officer recognized has been with the department for at least 9 years.
- New officers sworn in to Lafayette Police Department
- Lafayette Police Department swears in four new officers, pins three more
- Lafayette Police Department honors its own in annual awards ceremony
- Get an in-depth look at Lafayette Police Department
- Lafayette Police Department hosts self-defense training for women
- Lafayette Police Officers remember the life of Officer Bill Meluch
- Lafayette Fire Department inspector receives statewide award
- David VanVactor sworn in as West Lafayette’s new Deputy Chief
- Lafayette police officer struck in accidental shooting released from hospital
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation