LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A new library could be coming to Lafayette's south side.
The Tippecanoe County Public Library wants to add another location near South 18th Street, across from Wea Ridge Elementary School.
The Area Plan Commission approved a rezoning request on Wednesday.
The library has been wanting to put a branch on Lafayette's south side ever since the Ivy Tech Library closed.
"Then the Wyandote branch opened over on the east side. So, there was sort of a gap in their services. So, they've always promised one in this general vicinity, but now they're ready to pull the trigger on it," said Ryan O'Gara, Assistant Director of APC.
The Lafayette City Council will now need to approve the rezoning. From there, construction can begin.
- New library could be coming to Lafayette's south side
- Lafayette man arrested after south side shooting, police pursuit
- Overnight storms knock out power on Lafayette's south side
- Man arrested after shooting up car on Lafayette's south side
- Lafayette police investigating shots fired on the city's south side
- Lafayette police investigating after home shot at on south side
- Armed robbery reported on Lafayette's east side
- South side home fire still under investigation
- 24-hour automated library opens in Downtown Lafayette
- New southside Lafayette library breaks ground