WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - New innovators and tech companies are coming to Purdue, thanks to the Research Foundation. A new 145,000 square foot building will be a hub for innovation.
The Convergence Center for Innovation and Collaboration will serve as an entryway to the Discovery Park District. The Convergence Center will also have retail space on the first floor. Spaces are being offered to bring global tech companies to Purdue. Some of those spaces have already been filled by global companies.
West Lafayette Mayor John Dennis is confident the new building will benefit more than just the Purdue community. ”It provides for helping us recruit quality students. It helps us recruit quality businesses. It also gives us stats as a community when we look to grow,” said Dennis.
Purdue Research Foundation President Brian Edelman said Purdue's global reputation will draw companies from around the world. "These are companies that are very interested in research, the technologies and students of Purdue University,” said Edelman.
Construction on the center broke ground in September. It is scheduled to be completed in January of 2020.
- New facility hopes to bring innovators and tech companies to West Lafayette
- Carroll County leaders hope to bring innovation center to downtown Delphi
- With the opening of Walt's Pub, mayor is hoping to bring more restaurants to West Lafayette
- Lafayette fire training facility expanding
- Lafayette fire facility catches fire
- West Lafayette drug company stocks soar in wake of buyout
- West Lafayette police bringing more diversity to the department
- Global Festival 2019 brings dozens cultures right to West Lafayette
- Logansport company moving to Lafayette
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series