WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The Discovery Park District is quickly starting to become more and more developed.
Wednesday night, Tippecanoe County Area Plan Commission approved rezoning two lots near the district. The first lot will include a 5-story commercial office building with ground floor retail.
The second lot will include a 5-story parking garage containing more than 1,000 parking spots.
The two lots are expected to be located south of State Street, a little East of Airport Road.
"A street grid system is forming now with this second project and there's spaces being left over as a result," said Ryan O'Gara, APC Assistant Director. "Those spaces obviously will be future projects. So the groundwork is sort of being laid now for the Discovery Park District to really take off."
Now, the West Lafayette City Council will need to give its approval.
- New developments possibly coming to Discovery Park District
- 300 high-tech jobs coming to Purdue's Discovery Park
- 30-year master plan for Discovery Park revealed
- Discovery Park Project takes another step forward
- New housing developments coming downtown
- Drug warrant leads to discovery of possible incest
- Supercars to be built at Purdue's Discovery Park
- Demolition of old housing unit begins in Discovery Park
- Traffic stop leads to discovery of drugs
- Concussion research leads to new discovery