WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A new development is in the works for the Chauncey Hill Mall. Developers are hoping to work with the public to figure out what the plans will look like.
Trinitas Ventures is the company behind the proposal. Erik Carlson, director of development for the city of West Lafayette, said the company plans to hold public meetings in July to gather input.
He said the plans will not include student housing.
Carlson said the existing structure, including the several businesses, will be torn down.
Carlson talked to those businesses Tuesday, warning them of the plans. He said he hopes they will have at least a year to relocate.
News 18 will have the latest on this story as it develops.
- New development planned for Chauncey Hill Mall in West Lafayette
- Community reacts to Chauncey Hill Mall demolition
- Community input needed for Chauncey Hill Mall redevelopment
- Jake's Roadhouse closes as Chauncey Hill Mall demolition looms
- Teenager arrested in connection to Chauncey Hill Mall break-in
- Developer seeks public input for Chauncey Village
- Designers take a look at the future of Chauncey Hill mall
- Discount Den moving to Stadium Avenue as Chauncey Hill Mall demolition looms
- West Lafayette Schools developing plan for new aquatics center
- West Lafayette looking to plan for future development in downtown area