TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- A new administrator is moving into the Tippecanoe School Corporation.
Lou Ann Keeling is Hershey Elementary's assistant principal starting January 6th, 2020.
Hershey had not had an assistant principal for several years due to low student numbers.
But now with more students and higher demand, TSC felt the need for an assistant principal at the elementary of almost 600 students.
Keeling said she wants to be a great role model for the students at Hershey.
"It was something if I can make that impact on that child and let them know they are capable and they are smart and can be anything they want to be that would mean so much to me," said Keeling.
Keeling has 15 years of teaching experience and has a bachelor's degree from Indiana University and a master's degree from Ball State.
Before this job she was the Title 1 instructional math coach at The Metropolitan School District of Washington Township for three years.
- New assistant principal coming to Hershey Elementary
- New Assistant Principal at Wea Ridge Elementary
- School board votes not to renew Carroll Elementary Principal's contract
- Dayton Elementary principal takes us through his first day of school
- Elementary school principal placed on leave after banning all things Christmas from classrooms
- Klondike Middle School announces new principal
- What do you get when Hershey's and Yuengling team up? Chocolate beer
- Hershey's is changing the look of its candy bar for the first time in history
- Dayton Elementary closes early Monday
- Drug Bust Near Vinton Elementary