WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The new Target coming to West Lafayette is looking for employees.
The store managers are hoping to hire at least 65 people this month. Monday, Feb. 3, kicked off the first hiring event in Young Hall at Purdue University.
Managers are interviewing applicants and teaching them what the job entails. They're hosting two more events this Friday, Feb. 7 at 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Both events will also be held in Young Hall on the second floor.
It is open for anyone looking for a job. Students say this Target brings benefits beyond providing more work opportunities on campus.
“There are not a lot of grocery stores that are within walking distance, and a lot of students do walk,” said Anna Komperda, Purdue student. “I think it's also important for those that want organic food and Target will be able to provide that on campus.”
She’s one of many applicants that’s happy Target is offering the event.
“It's actually really great, I think anyone who's looking for opportunities whether you're into retail or business or not, I think they will actually provide a lot for us,” said Komperda.
Target is also offering tuition and GED reimbursement to employees. It's set to open on Apr. 5.
- New Target store coming to West Lafayette is hiring
- History lecture series coming to West Lafayette
- West Lafayette bridge to come down
- Pedestrian plazas possibly coming to West Lafayette
- McAlister's Deli coming to West Lafayette
- Plans advance for West Lafayette small Target, mixed-use project
- West Lafayette stores talk about CBD oil products
- One shot fired in West Lafayette liquor store robbery
- More trees are coming to West Lafayette this spring
- Universal bathrooms coming to the new West Lafayette recreation center