LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Thursday night was going to be a big night for Nelly fans in Greater Lafayette. Local hip-hop fans will still get their fix, but it won't be with Nelly.
As previously reported, Nelly's scheduled opening act, Bone Thugs'N Harmony will be performing in his place at the Lafayette Theater Thursday night. Nelly was originally supposed to perform at the Tippecanoe Amphitheater, but that date has been postponed.
WLFI checked the Lafayette Theater's Facebook page Thursday morning, and they posted that all Nelly tickets will be honored tonight until they reach capacity. The theater holds 1000 people.
Doors open at 6 p.m. with opening acts Rockstar DJ TRE and Insomniacs set to play around 7 p.m.
Bone Thugs 'N Harmony is supposed to start around 9 p.m. If there is still room left in the theater, ticket sales will open at 8:30 p.m. for anyone wanting to see the main act.
The Nelly make-up date has not been announced yet but once that happens, people can get refunds for their tickets even if they went to tonight's show.
- Concert will proceed Thursday night without Nelly
- Nelly concert in Tippecanoe County postponed
- Nelly concert rescheduled for Saturday in October
- Nelly concert scheduled for Oct. 6
- Rescheduled Lafayette Nelly concert officially cancelled
- Organizers voice concerns over security costs for Nelly concert
- Nelly to be rescheduled, concert still happening at Lafayette Theater
- What led promoters to postpone the Nelly concert
- Both parties work to bring down security costs for upcoming Nelly concert
- Hard to believe, but here are the 'final' plans for the Nelly concert