LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A controversial Lafayette Board of Works meeting ends with a date set and new location for the Nelly concert.
The concert is scheduled for October 6.
The stage will be set up on 6th street, and 6th street will be closed to Ferry Street.
A portion of Main Street will still be blocked off to allow for exit and entry points.
The resolution didn't come without controversy. The original plan was to close Main Street from 6th Street to 8th Street.
That plan was tabled at last week's meeting after a business owner complained. Since then, conflicting parties have been working on a solution.
At least 8 people shared opinions on the topic Tuesday, some positive and some not so positive.
"Every week I hear people come downtown who have never been here before or who haven't been here in several years and they are blown away by how great it looks and how beautiful everything is, so that is what excited me the most is the opportunity to be able to show this off and be part of it," said owner of Bobby T's Robert Turner.
Dennis Murphy lives downtown and isn't thrilled.
"Give this guy a good building, a good theater for free, give him a cheap liquor license so he can close the street and have a party in front of my house...nah," said Murphy.
Promoters are expecting 4,000 people at the concert.
- Nelly concert scheduled for Oct. 6
- Nelly concert in Tippecanoe County postponed
- Concert will proceed Thursday night without Nelly
- Nelly concert rescheduled for Saturday in October
- Rescheduled Lafayette Nelly concert officially cancelled
- Organizers voice concerns over security costs for Nelly concert
- Nelly to be rescheduled, concert still happening at Lafayette Theater
- What led promoters to postpone the Nelly concert
- Both parties work to bring down security costs for upcoming Nelly concert
- Hard to believe, but here are the 'final' plans for the Nelly concert