LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Promoters have rescheduled the Nelly concert for Oct. 6. However, a location has not yet been announced.
The concert was originally scheduled for June 14. Bone Thugs N Harmony was expected to open for Nelly at the Tippecanoe County Amphitheater.
However, as News 18 previously reported, the reasoning behind the delayed show was security costs. The event's security costs started at $38,000. The costs then went down to $17,000 and eventually got down to $6,700. However, by the time costs got that low it was too late to plan it.
If you bought a ticket for the June 14 show, your ticket will be honored. Promoters said once a location is set, they will set a time for the show.
For those who cannot make the new date - tickets can be completely refunded. Refunds will be allowed from now through two weeks after the new location is announced. In order to receive a refund, the ticket purchaser MUST CALL Ticketfly and request a refund. Ticketfly's customer service can be reached at (877) 435-9849.
- Nelly concert rescheduled for Saturday in October
- Rescheduled Lafayette Nelly concert officially cancelled
- Nelly to be rescheduled, concert still happening at Lafayette Theater
- Nelly concert in Tippecanoe County postponed
- Concert will proceed Thursday night without Nelly
- Nelly concert scheduled for Oct. 6
- Organizers voice concerns over security costs for Nelly concert
- What led promoters to postpone the Nelly concert
- Both parties work to bring down security costs for upcoming Nelly concert
- Hard to believe, but here are the 'final' plans for the Nelly concert