LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Neighbors say Hart St. has been a fairly quiet neighborhood up until the murder of 52-year-old Lisa Heinsen.
Hart St. residents can't believe a homicide happened in their neighborhood.
Sheila Scripter, a close neighbor, found out about the homicide Friday morning. She said hearing the news was disturbing.
“It's just so quiet,” said Scripter. “Nothing ever happens. We've lived here for three or four years now.”
Scripter said Heinsen didn't seem to cause any trouble.
“She was just quiet...kept to herself, so that's about it,” said Scripter.
Charles Stephens who lives two homes down from Heinsen said he’s worried about the state of his neighborhood.
“It's getting ridiculous,” said Stephens. “I mean it's getting closer. I mean to happen downtown and now it's up here in my neighborhood,” said Stephens.
The homicide is still under investigation.
- Neighbors react to Lafayette’s first homicide in Hart St. home
- Neighbors react to LPD homicide investigation
- Neighbors react to Meadowbrook shooting
- Neighbors react to Lafayette drug bust that recovered 7 pounds of meth
- Lafayette neighbor wants more firework regulations
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- Storms damage Lafayette homes
- Neighbors react to body pulled from Tippecanoe River
- Haunted Lafayette: The Pythian Home
- Lafayette man arrested after 18th St. standoff