WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Broken pipes and utility problems aren't uncommon in the cold, but people living in Woods Edge Mobile Home Park said they dealt with it for two days.
They told News 18 none of them have running water in their homes. To make matters worse, the parking lot is covered in ice and several vehicles are stuck.
People who reached out to News 18 assume all the water was from a broken pipe, but they can't be sure because they said management hasn't answered any questions.
"It says in our lease they are supposed to maintain the roads, but that's not maintaining the roads," said Jerry Sturgill.
Sturgill said he and many of his neighbors haven't been able to leave home.
"I don't have water, I haven't had water since yesterday. You can't take a shower, you can't do laundry you can't do dishes."
"What did managements say when you called them?" News 18's Demie Johnson asked.
"That's exactly what they told me, it's something we'll have to deal with until it warms up and they can get the water," Sturgill responded.
News 18 also tried to contact the mobile home park. In two separate calls, office staff said we would hear back from someone soon. Our calls were never returned.
Sturgill said management did hand out five gallon jugs of water on Wednesday. However, getting in touch with anyone on Thursday, was close to impossible.
"It's crazy because they are supposed to maintain this stuff but to my point of view they haven't been," said Sturgill.
All of the neighbors News 18 spoke with just wanted to know how management planned to fix the problem. That is an answer we will continue working to get. We will update this story as soon as we learn more.
Update: The roads in Woods Edge are clear and the water pressure and flow have been restored to the community.
- West Lafayette community on second day with no running water
- Water main break in West Lafayette
- New West Lafayette Community Garden is underway
- More candidates are running for West Lafayette City Council
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- West Lafayette Community Welcome Students Living Off Campus
- Community input still needed for West Lafayette's proposed rec center
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- West Lafayette native makes history
- West Lafayette Tree Friends looking for help on Arbor Day