TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A proposal to add a 160 home subdivision in Tippecanoe County has people who live nearby concerned.
The subdivision will go in on the east side of County Road 75 E, near County Road 500 N.
At Wednesday's Area Plan Commission meeting, developers said infrastructure such as water and sewer are already in place for the land to be built on.
However neighbors are worried other resources are lacking. Several people expressed concerns about the area already being too crowded, especially the schools.
"It will put an additional burden on our fire, EMS, as well as our police service men and women in the area," said Jill Grant, one of many community members to speak at the meeting.
News 18 asked the developer to comment on the project and he declined. This isn't the only planned subdivision to go in the area, another will be brought before the area plan commission next month.
- Neighbors concerned over proposed subdivision
- New subdivision in the works
- APC Approves Subdivision in Dayton
- Approved subdivision brings controversy to APC
- Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve subdivision plan
- Neighbors left with questions on proposed hog facility
- Neighbors fighting proposed confined feeding operation in Montgomery County
- Neighbors share concerns over Thursday nights shots fired
- Neighbors concerned about increased speeding in their neighborhood
- Subdivision request for low-income apartments continued by APC