Near/record warm days & nights are ahead Monday-Tuesday.
It looks largely dry with highs 85-90 & lows 66-71.
After potential of a few storms tonight-early Monday, widespread rainfall is likely Wednesday-Wednesday night with some storms & locally heavy rainfall.
Monday morning-Wednesday morning:
Wednesday morning-Thursday morning (note the remnants of Hurricane Micheal in the Carolinas with more flooding there after a landfall likely in the Florida Panhandle):
Chilly pattern will set up for a while. Wave of some rainfall is possible as remnants of two Pacific hurricanes pass to our south.
Otherwise, it looks like we will have multiple nights of frost & freezing (20s & 30s) with multiple days with highs 15 degrees below normal (normal is 68).
VERY RAPID uptick in fall color will occur.
We will dry out as drier pattern arrives & sticks with us into late October. This is good news for area farmers.
Highs Thursday will only run 58-64, followed by 30s Thursday night, then 50s Friday, 30s Friday night & 40s & 50s Saturday & Sunday. 20s & 30s are likely Saturday, Sunday & Monday nights.
First Pacific hurricane:
Second may ride up a front & pass nearby:
Big temperature rebound should occur late, late in the month to early November with "Indian Summer" weather. Temperatures may end up 20 degrees above normal near Halloween to early November for a bit (well into the 70s).
It does not look particularly wet either. This looks to be followed by another big cool down with widespread killing, solid, hard freezes.
Cold to burst of warm weather from mid to late October to end of October to early November (before it cools off in a pretty big way):
From now to late October, trend is for 1-2" of rainfall. Much of that will occur Wednesday-Wednesday night. That does not leave much to fall behind Wednesday to around October 25.
- Near/Record Warmth Then Frost/Freezing
- Dense Freezing Fog, Frost, Black Ice &..............."Diamond Dust"
- Warmth with Winds
- Waiting for the Warmth
- Near Record Warmth, But Rainfall & Much Cooler Weather Ahead
- October 10, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update: Marginal Risk, Frost/Freeze & the Weekend Outlook
- October 11, 3:15 PM Weather Forecast Update: Frost/Freezing, Cold Rain & Even a Few Flakes
- March 18, 11 PM: Last Occurrences of Frost & Freezing & the Outlook to Late April
- Frost Advisory issued for Greater Lafayette
- Explaining the science behind frost quakes