WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A new national poll lists the West Lafayette Community School Corporation as the third best public school district in the country. It also lists the corporation as the best school district in Indiana, for the third straight year.
The district received an "A+" overall ranking. Superintendent Rocky Killion cites the school district's educators for its success.
"Exceeding expectations equals quality. We are working every day to exceed expectations so our children have a world class education system," said Killion.
Carmel Clay, Zionsville, Hamilton Southeastern and Southwest Allen County Schools round out the top-5 in the state. The Tippecanoe School Corporation came in at number 21 and the Lafayette School Corporation came in at number 53 out of 291 public Indiana school districts.
West Lafayette students head back to class Thursday.
- National poll ranks West Lafayette Schools No.3 in nation, No. 1 in state
- National Wheelchair Tennis Camp makes a stop in West Lafayette
- Lafayette Fire Department ranks within top one percent of fire departments across the nation
- Students from Lafayette Christian School sing National Anthem
- Indiana ranked 47th in nation for employee well-being
- Purdue Veterinary Teaching Hospital is ranked highest in the nation
- National Report: Indiana Ranks 29th in Protecting Kids from Tobacco
- Fall Camp Frenzy: West Lafayette tops state ranking in class 3A
- West Lafayette Community School Corporation suing State of Indiana
- West Lafayette Awarded for State Street Project