LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The Roman Catholic Diocese of Lafayette has released the names of 12 priests with substantiated allegations of sexual misconduct with minors.
On September 16th, 2018, they promised the release of this list.
The names, dates of action, and current status of Diocesan Priests are as follows:
Kenneth Bohlinger: Ordained May 22nd, 1976. Removed from public ministry August 1988. Laicized March 27th, 2009.
Joseph Colletti: Ordained May 29th, 1971. Removed from public ministry July 1990. Laicization in process.
Gerald Funcheon: Ordained May 22nd, 1965. Incardinated July 1987 from Crosier Fathers, removed from public ministry. Restricted to life of prayer and penance in a supervised facility.
James Grear: Ordained May 30th, 1970. Removed from public ministry (no date indicated), priestly faculties removed October 2001.
Grear is the priest the most recent lawsuit filed against the Lafayette Diocese is regarding.
Frank Kilcline: Ordained May 2nd, 1981. Removed from public ministry July 2012. Laicization in process.
Ambrose Kohne: Ordained June 11th, 1929. Allegation of abuse received August 2018. Deceased April 4th, 1964.
Arthur Sego: Ordained June 15th, 1946. Removed from ministry July 1994, restricted to life of prayer and penance. Deceased September 7th, 1998.
Donald Tracey: Ordained May 31st, 1958. Removed from ministry because of illness leading to death, allegation received during illness. Deceased June 4th, 1989.
Ronald Voss: Ordained May 20th, 1967. Resigned September 1993. Laicized June 6th, 1998.
Raymond Wieber: Ordained May 24th, 1969. Granted leave of absence November 1992. Deceased August 17th, 1993.
The names, dates of action, and current status of Religious Order Priests are as follows:
Charles Cicanowicz: Ordained in 1980. Left diocese August 1991. Laicized in 1994.
Gilbert Esser: Ordained 1924. No information regarding action taken. Deceased May 15th, 1979.
Click here to see the full list.
- Names of 12 priests with substantial sexual misconduct allegations released by Lafayette Diocese
- Priest suspended after allegation of sexual misconduct
- Indiana diocese to release names of priests accused of abuse
- Evansville Diocese to release abusive priests' names in 2019
- Catholic Diocese of Lafayette face lawsuit on sexual abuse allegations of former priest
- Lawsuit filed against Diocese of Lafayette over sexual abuse
- Northern Indiana diocese suspends priest accused of abuse
- Indiana diocese releases names of 18 accused ex-clergy
- LPD officer faces misconduct allegation
- IU had 56 reports alleging employee sexual misconduct