Photo Gallery 1 Images
TIPPECANOE CO., Ind. (WLFI) -- The National Weather Service has confirmed a tornado touchdown Saturday morning.
It happened around 11:15 a.m. in Dayton
The tornado was 110 yards wide and was on the ground for one minute.
The NWS said it traveled two point five miles and had wind speeds around 75 miles per hour.
Areas along County Road 200 South, east of Dayton have a large amount of tree and structural damage and debris are scattered in the roadways.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area.
- NWS confirms tornado a touched down in Tippecanoe County
- August 3, 1859 Tippecanoe County Tornado
- Multiple tornadoes touched down during Tuesday's storm
- White County Sheriff confirms body pulled from Tippecanoe River
- Officials confirm case of Hepatitis A in Tippecanoe County Jail
- Residents react to tornado touchdown in Tippecanoe County
- Local Weather History: August 3, 1859 Tippecanoe County Tornado
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- NWS: Memorial Day storm damage caused by straight-line winds, not tornado
- Weather service confirms 4 tornadoes hit Indiana Friday