MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) -- Retired Marine Corps Colonel and current NRA President Oliver North will be making a stop in White County this spring. North is the featured speaker of the 2019 White County Republican Lincoln Dinner.
North was named president of the NRA in May 2018. He also is a former Fox News Host and best-selling author.
North was awarded a Silver Star, Bronze Star for Valor and two Purple Hearts for wounds in action. He also served as counter-terrorism coordinator on the National Security Council staff.
In the late 1980s, North was convicted of three felony counts related to the Iran-Contra Affair. The case was dropped in federal court in 1991.
White County Republican Chair Shannon Mattix said they're blessed to have such a decorated guest visit our area.
"He brings not only that American Patriot background, but as Ronald Reagan once called him, he's an American hero," said Mattix. "That's why we were excited when he agreed to come to White County."
The Lincoln Dinner is Saturday, April 13 at 6 p.m. at the Best Western Brandywine. You can buy tickets here.
Mattix said 300 tickets were sold within the first 72 hours. Tickets are on sale until April 3 or until the venue capacity is reached. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
- NRA President Oliver North to visit White County
- Locals react to President Trump's Indy NRA visit
- NRA President makes a stop in Monticello
- LPD: Man arrested after attempting to rob Lafayette Olive Garden
- NRA to shut down production of NRATV
- President Trump cancels North Korean summit
- Cats Mutilated in White County
- Pence to address NRA meeting in Indianapolis with Trump
- Trump tells NRA he's withdrawing from arms trade treaty
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton Central 76, North White 48 (BBB)