CALABASAS, Calif. — NBA legend Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant are two of nine people that died in a helicopter in Calabasas, California, Sunday morning, according to reports.
TMZ reports Bryant and the others were traveling aboard his private helicopter when it went down and a fire broke out. Emergency personnel responded to the crash but nobody survived.
ESPN insider Adrian Wojnaroski tweeted Bryant and his daughter were on their way to a travel basketball game. He said those aboard the helicopter also included another player and parent.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
TMZ says Bryant’s wife, Vanessa Bryant, was not among those on the helicopter.
This is a developing story and will be updated once more information is available.
Photo courtesy of CNN International.
- NBA star Kobe Bryant, 13-year-old daughter dead in helicopter crash
- Purdue men's basketball remembers Kobe Bryant
- Pro Bowlers remember Kobe Bryant as AFC tops NFC again
- A fan's homage to Kobe Bryant
- Crop-dusting helicopter crashes in central Indiana; 1 dead
- He was born to play basketball, but for Kobe Bryant that was never enough
- NBA selects Indianapolis to host 2021 All-Star Game
- Man accused of impregnating 13-year-old girl
- Howard County Sheriff's daughter killed in crash
- Three National Guard soldiers killed in helicopter crash identified