TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A main road connecting I-65 to Purdue University through Tippecanoe County will close for a majority of the summer.
The 3.5 mile stretch of North River Road between Soldiers Home Road and Happy Hollow Road will be closed for 90 days beginning Monday for road reconstruction, according to a news release from Morphey Construction. The closure is expected to begin at 7 a.m.
The detour takes Happy Hollow Road to Soldiers Home Road. That detour nearly doubles the amount of travel time. The entrance into the River Bend Hospital will be accessible through this detour.
- North River Road to close for the summer beginning Monday
- North River Road to temporarily close Monday
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- North River Road closure rescheduled
- North River Road closed as crews pour new bridge deck
- Part of North River Road closed until Friday
- Stadium Avenue closes for summer Monday
- First phase of summer 4th Street closures begins Monday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: North River Road closed Wed. thru Fri. for bridge work