INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The family of former U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar says those wishing to attend his funeral Wednesday must register in advance.
The Lugar Center in Washington announced Friday people can register at an online link or at www.thelugarcenter.org.
The family says it will notify those requesting seats via email with details about attendance or if all the seats have been taken.
The funeral will be held at St. Luke's United Methodist Church in Indianapolis.
The family now says it will greet callers while Lugar lies in state in the Statehouse Rotunda from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday. That's a change from earlier hours it announced.
The six-term senator and former Indianapolis mayor died April 28 at age 87.
- Must register to attend U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar's funeral
- Funeral arrangements set for former U.S. Senator Richard Lugar
- Former U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar, foreign policy expert, dies
- Ex-Sen. Lugar hailed as peacemaker ahead of Indiana funeral
- Ex-Sen. Lugar honored at Indianapolis ceremony
- Statements from Purdue President, Indiana Governor on Sen. Richard Lugar's passing
- Former US senator Richard Lugar visits Purdue Forestry Farm
- Hundreds attend funeral for father, 3 kids killed on boat
- George H.W. Bush funeral: Former presidents, world leaders to attend
- Indiana family sues funeral home, alleging botched funeral