LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Music brought eight local churches together this evening.
First Christian Church in Lafayette hosted the 39th annual Festival of the Faiths. The festival was created to give local churches an opportunity to connect through chorus.
Each congregation sang various songs of worship and some churches even combined choirs for songs.
Peggy Bryan came up with the idea for the hymn festival in the '80s. She saw a division between churches in Lafayette and wanted to see a change. She brought unity with the universal language of music.
“It's extremely important that we use that universal language and the feelings that it gives us to unify each other,” said Bryan.
- Music is unifying local churches
- Local church asks for donations
- First Ouibache Music Festival shows diversity of American music
- Musical ‘Hamilton’ coming to Indy
- Greater Lafayette's hidden musical gem
- Local church helps prevent the flu virus from spreading
- Local church group leaves Guatemala just before volcanic eruption
- Local church works to raise awareness about human trafficking
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza
- Faith Church hosts Passion Play