LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are investigating shots fired into a home Tuesday night. According to officers, it happened in the 2700 block of Medford Street on the city's south side around 10:30 p.m.
Lt. Scott Galloway said "multiple shots" were fired into a home, but police were unsure of the number. There was a woman inside at the time, but police said she was not injured. According to Galloway, the woman was cooperative with police and was unsure why shots were fired into her home.
Galloway said there were no witnesses to the scene, however multiple people who heard the shots called police.
Police were unable to say if the shots fired were in connection to the string of shooting incidents from Sunday morning. As we reported, a man was injured in one of three shooting incidents that Lafayette police believe to be related. In one of the incidents, 25 shots were fired into a home, according to police.
- Multiple shots fired into Lafayette home overnight
- Shots fired outside Lafayette bar overnight
- Neighbors speak out after multiple shots fired overnight near 18th and Pierce
- Two men charged after shots fired into a Lafayette home
- Shots fired at Lafayette apartment complex
- 2 charged in multiple Lafayette thefts
- A Lafayette road is back open after an overnight fire
- LPD makes arrests in overnight shots fired incident
- Storms damage Lafayette homes
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings