LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Four people have been arrested in a Lafayette drug bust at a home where someone was shot just last month.
Lafayette police locked down nearby schools and called the SWAT team Tuesday. The search of the Hartford Street home turned up guns, weapons and drugs. Police said the SWAT team was used due to the October shooting.
Nathaniel Dennard is accused of possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon. Anissa Balbaky faces charges including dealing meth. Edward Roberson Junior was arrested for visiting a common nuisance.
The search then led officers to a nearby vehicle where they found more drugs and firearms, and arrested Emmanuel Sanders. He's accused of carrying a handgun without a license.
As News 18 first reported, a man was shot at the home in the 1000 block of Hartford Street on Oct. 13. Police said 45-year-old Reginald Lewis was shot multiple times. There were seven spent shell casings outside the home. At the time, we reported police had responded to 10 disturbances in the area in about 12 months, and neighbors told us it was getting worse.
Police said Tuesday's bust was not related to the shooting investigation, which remains unsolved.
- Multiple arrested in Lafayette drug bust at home with criminal past
- 2 arrested after Lafayette drug bust
- Three arrested in Attica drug bust
- Multiple shots fired into Lafayette home overnight
- Drug Bust Near Vinton Elementary
- Lafayette man arrested for rape and criminal confinement
- LPD arrests two people after major drug and weapon bust
- 23 arrested in massive Grant County drug bust
- Multiple buildings vandalized this past weekend
- 2 charged in Lafayette meth bust