WHITE COUNTY, Ind. (WLF) - Firefighters from multiple departments responded to a house fire in White County on Saturday. It happened around 3:15 p.m. on 1100 South.
When News 18 got to the scene, heavy smoke was coming from the roof of the house. Firefighters were still using hoses to douse the site. Fire trucks from Battleground, Buck Creek, Brookston, Chalmers, Wabash Township and Delphi were all on scene. There were no ambulances.
We talked to the homeowners. They said everyone was able to get out safely. A woman inside the home was the one who called 911.
She suspects it may have started from a lit cigarette on the back porch, however the cause of the fire is still unconfirmed with fire officials.
This is a developing story.