TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A man is dead after a car crash in eastern Tippecanoe County. It happened around 4:15 Sunday morning in the 900 block of County Road 1025 East.
Jordan Hammel was pronounced dead on the scene after crashing into a tree. The 25-year-old was partially ejected.
Police believe he was speeding and failed to safely drive through a curve in the road. The impact of the crash knocked the tree to the ground and caused the car to flip and land on its roof. It appeared that Hammel was not wearing a seat belt.
Police don't know if drugs or alcohol were involved.
- Mulberry man dies after crashing car into tree
- Mulberry hosts Hometown Christmas
- Gas leak reported in Mulberry
- Special report: Lead dangers in Mulberry?
- Five generation family lives in Mulberry
- Man dies in single-vehicle crash after hitting a tree
- Mulberry Christmas lights a big hit for decades
- Family safe after garage catches fire in Mulberry
- Dog dies from fallen tree