WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- West Lafayette city officials have announced plans to move forward with a new city hall in the Morton Center.
The West Lafayette Redevelopment meeting reviewed the multi-year process and took suggestions from public surveys.
City Hall's new location requires 16,000 square feet for current city offices, but the Morton Center is more than double the size.
The space will also continue to provide other activities the center already provides.
The request for proposal will be released next month to secure a construction manager, architect and others to help design the building.
- Morton Center named West Lafayette City Hall
- Morton Center will be official home of city hall
- West Lafayette city hall and recreation center planning phase
- West Lafayette weighs options for city hall
- West Lafayette narrows down location of future city hall
- West Lafayette announces final decision on city hall location
- City shares preliminary ideas for West Lafayette rec center
- City of West Lafayette holds meeting on proposed recreation center
- Man stabbed at 18th and Morton
- City of West Lafayette to seek public input regarding future of city hall