WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue wide receiver Rondale Moore was named Big Ten Freshman of the Week for the second time this season after his performance against No. 23 Boston College on Sept. 22.
Moore, who previously was honored after posting a school-record 313 all-purpose yards in the opener against Northwestern on Aug. 30, finished with eight receptions for 110 yards and two touchdowns against the Eagles.
Moore's current honor marks the third time in four weeks that a Boilermaker has been recognized by the Big Ten. Senior quarterback David Blough was the Offensive Player of the Week after the Missouri game Sept. 15. It is the first time a Purdue player has been feted twice in a season since cornerback Frankie Williams was honored as Freshman of the Week twice in 2012.
Moore shared the weekly honor with Maryland running back Anthony McFarland.
- Purdue's Moore named Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week
- Rondale Moore named co-Big Ten Freshman of the Week
- Rondale Moore named Big Ten Freshman of the Week
- Purdue's McLaughlin named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week
- Rondale Moore named Big Ten Freshman, Receiver of the Year
- Purdue's McGowan named Big Ten Player of Week (Baseball)
- Purdue's Nick Delesandro named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Purdue's Nisle named freshman All-American
- Six Purdue baseball players named All-Big Ten