MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) - A Monticello man is facing charges after police said he opened fire on somebody. Jason Whitaker, 40, is accused of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon.
Just before Noon Wednesday, two 911 calls came in from neighbors in the area of 3rd and Turpie streets, according to Monticello police. Witnesses reported hearing shots and seeing a vehicle speed away.
Police found the vehicle a few blocks away. Officers learned the person inside was the person being targeted.
Monticello police detained Whitaker and another person from a home in the 600 block of Turpie Street.
After questioning from police, the other person was released without charges.
Whitaker was taken to the White County Jail. No one was injured.
- Monticello man arrested after allegedly shooting at someone
- Monticello teacher attends space camp
- Monticello PD make arrest in shots fired incident
- Monticello factory investigating injury of employee
- Monticello woman dead after Sunday morning crash
- White County Sheriff's Office searching for missing Monticello man
- Alcohol, bicycles and shotguns recovered in string of Monticello burglaries
- Red Cross offers Shelters in Monticello, Boswell and Delphi
- Several people rescued in two Monticello neighborhoods after flooding
- Authorities respond to a workplace fatality in Monticello