WHITE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)—Mayor Cathy Gross has officially taking over office in Monticello. She's excited to start working to better the community and city.
Mayor Gross spoke with news 18 and she said she is looking into is a river walk near the downtown area.
She said the city is working on a grant to have the walk installed near Broadway and Bluff Street in Monticello.
Gross is also very passionate about the young generation in Monticello. She's currently working with the Twin Lakes School Corporation to create a leadership council.
She said she wants to engage the youth and create a community that they'll want to live in.
Serving the community she grew up in is something Gross said, is a dream come true.
"When I pulled into the parking lot and pulled into the space that said "Mayor parking only" it was like, this really happened," said Gross. She adds, "When I walk in the door my first thought is thank you. I'm a person of faith. So thank you, for giving me the opportunity to serve in this way," said Gross.
Gross also said that her courage comes from great mentoring by previous mayor, Ken Houston. She also thanks all of the city departments for their help.
- Monticello Mayor, Cathy Gross, is moving forward with plans for the city
- Cathy Gross takes the win for Monticello mayor
- Monticello Riverwalk Project Moving Forward
- Meet the candidates in Monticello's mayoral race
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- Union Club Hotel renovation plan moves forward
- City moves forward on Columbian Park carousel
- Monticello teacher attends space camp
- Abandoned Monticello home catches fire
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward