MONTICELLO, Ind. -- The City of Monticello says they are extending the city's local disaster emergency declaration.
Mayor Cathy Gross extended the declaration until after midnight on Wednesday, May 6th.
Under the order, these rules are in effect:
- Essential Retail Businesses and Operations shall allow only (1) person per family into an Essential Retail Business or Operation at a time.
- Children under the age of sixteen (16) will not be allowed inside Essential Retail Businesses or Operations.
- Every person who enters an Essential Retail Business or Operation must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- No more than two (2) customers are allowed inside an Essential Retail Business or Operation per 1,000 square feet of retail space.
- If an Essential Retail Business or Operation has more than 62,000 square feet of retail space, allowance is capped at 125 customers at one time.
- Essential Retail Businesses and Operations shall monitor and enforce these orders.
- All those considered "high-risk" are encouraged to avoid all public gatherings.
- All previous Executive Orders shall continue in full force and effect.
- Any person who knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly violates this Executive Order commits a Class B Misdemeanor punishable by up to 180 days imprisonment and a fine up to $1,000.00.