WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue has landed its first commitment for its 2020 recruiting class.
Mishawaka Marian guard Jaden Ivey committed to the Boilermakers on Wednesday.
Ivey picked Purdue over offers from Notre Dame and Butler.
As a junior at Marian, the 6'4 Ivey averaged 25 points a game and shot nearly 40 percent from 3-point territory.
Ivey is the son of Notre Dame women's basketball assistant coach Niele Ivey, who was an All-American point guard for the Fighting Irish. Ivey helped Notre Dame capture national championship over Purdue in 2001.
- Mishawaka Marian's Jaden Ivey commits to Purdue
- Jaden Ivey has 'great experience' at Purdue team camp
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for Mishawaka man
- Electric vehicle startup to take over Mishawaka factory
- Purdue basketball to host Marian in exhibition game
- Cline, Purdue roll past Marian in exhibition game 75-56
- Clinton Central mourns the loss of Jaden Quick
- West Lafayette's George Karlaftis commits to Purdue
- Harrison's Nic Hofman commits to Purdue
- Purdue commit George Karlaftis sets signing date