Have the rain gear on hand throughout the day because we are tracking rain chances for the morning and afternoon. Light rain has been falling over the viewing area during the morning commute. Temperatures have also climbed into the upper 50s and lower 60s this morning. It is going to be a mild day, but be prepared for the rainfall and potentially some thunderstorms this evening. Highs will reach the mid-60s late in the afternoon.
Precision Futurecast has light rain falling this midday and into the afternoon. By the evening commute, heavy downpours will be possible. A few embedded thunderstorms may even develop after 5 p.m. EDT ahead of the cold front.
Severe weather is not expected today, but some storms may produce gusty winds. The rain chances will continue through the evening hour with showers exiting around midnight EDT. Skies will remain mostly cloudy and temperatures will begin to drop behind the boundary. Lows will fall into the upper 40s.
Friday’s forecast looks drier compared to today, but it will be cooler with highs in mid-50s. There should be more peeks of sunshine by Friday afternoon.
Warm weather returns for the weekend! On Saturday, highs will reach the lower 60s and the 70s will return on Sunday. Another cold front will arrive Sunday evening and it will bring another round of showers and thunderstorms that evening. Strong to severe thunderstorms may form with this system. The main threats include damaging winds, heavy rain and lightning. We will continue to monitor the situation and have updates on Weather Blog 18!
- Mild and soggy day
- A cool and soggy Wednesday
- Windy with mild temperatures
- Quiet weather with mild temperatures
- Mild weather early in the week
- Sunday clouds and mild conditions continue
- Jimenez hits 1st 2 HRs, ChiSox top Yanks in soggy 6+ innings
- Official: People with mild flu urged to avoid hospital ERs
- Most US adults have not gotten a flu shot for this mild season
- Local Weather History: January 2020 Very Wet, Unusually Gray & Mild with Below Normal Snowfall.