WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House says Melania Trump is hospitalized after undergoing a procedure to treat a benign kidney condition.
The first lady's spokeswoman, Stephanie Grisham, says that the procedure Monday morning was successful and that there were no complications.
Grisham says Mrs. Trump is at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center just outside Washington and will likely remain there for the rest of the week.
Last week, the first lady launched her "Be Best" initiative to help children be their best selves.
- Melania Trump in hospital for treatment of kidney condition
- Melania Trump: 'I'm the most bullied person on the world'
- Tracking flurries and icy conditions
- CityBus prepared for snowy conditions
- Dog with failing kidneys receives miracle donation from one of her puppies
- Dangerously Cold Conditions Return to Greater Lafayette
- Icy conditions make for a slow commute
- Winter weather causes dangerous travel conditions
- Freezing rain causing dangerous morning driving conditions
- Sunday clouds and mild conditions continue