DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — Dan Ronk has served as Delphi Community School Corporation's interim superintendent for three-weeks, two weeks after Superintendent Greg Briles was put on administrative leave.
On Monday, News 18 spoke with Ronk for the first time. He said his new role has been an adjustment.
“It's such a learning process because, for example, I was a principal and superintendent at Rochester so I knew, I knew the buildings, I knew the staff, I knew the policies,” said Ronk.
Ronk has worked in the Indiana school system for more than 45 years. He was a teacher and administrator under the Carroll Consolidated School Corporation from 1968 to 2005 and superintendent for Rochester Community School Corporation for nine years.
While this new role was unexpected Ronk has been putting his skills to use.
“I was contacted by the school board asking if I would be able to spend some time over here and just help out if there was going to be a transition,” said Ronk.
As we've reported, there is a transition with the school board moving forward with the termination of former superintendent Greg Briles. These past few weeks, Ronk has been working to move forward with school district projects and also learn the ins and outs of the job.
“It's been a challenge to get in and find the information we need, know what deadlines we have to meet and those kinds of things without somebody being here,” said Briles.
The Delphi Community School Corporation is currently training a new treasurer and is still without a secretary. Ronk said during his time he wants to get things back in order and keep transparency between the corporation and the community.
“To bring some stability and also to just get people's questions answered so that they feel comfortable with where they are,” said Ronk.
Ronk is contracted to serve as the interim superintendent until Jul. 30, 2020. Delphi Community School District Attorney Nick Otis said Greg Briles has an opportunity for a public hearing at the next board meeting. That meeting is set for Oct. 7 but could change.
- Meet Delphi Community School Corporation Interim Superintendent Dan Ronk
- Delphi Community School Corporation working out finances
- Severance agreement released by Delphi Community School Corporation for former superintendent
- Delphi Community School Corporation completes solar energy project
- Tri-County School Corporation names new superintendent
- North Newton School Corporation Superintendent dies
- Delphi schools superintendent placed on paid administrative leave
- Former Delphi Community Schools superintendent Greg Briles speaks out for first time since being fired
- Autopsy completed for North Newton School Corporation Superintendent
- WATCH: ISP superintendent speaks on anniversary of Delphi homicides