LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Kristen McVey was sworn in as Tippecanoe Superior Court V Judge on Friday.
Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Loretta Rush led the ceremony.
Judge McVey worked as Tippecanoe County's Chief Deputy Prosecutor for ten years.
She replaces Judge Sean Persin who was appointed to take the place of former Circuit Court Judge Thomas Busch.
McVey looks forward to the public getting to know her in this new postion.
"I realize it will be my job to earn their trust, earn their respect, and I aim to do my very best to do exactly that," said Judge McVey.
McVey's father gave her a surprise gift at the ceremony. It was a wooden gavel made by her grandfather years ago. He believes it was made for her.
- Tippecanoe Superior Court V Welcomes Judge McVey
- Judges look to create Tippecanoe Superior Court Seven
- Tippecanoe Superior Court 7 bill heads to governor's desk
- Superior Court 5 still looking for replacement judge
- Bill to add seventh superior court in Tippecanoe County passes state Senate
- Tippecanoe Co. chief deputy prosecutor appointed as judge
- Tippecanoe County prepares for possible new court addition
- The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office welcomes four new members each with four legs
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Ice carvers welcome winter weather