LAFAYETTE. Ind. (WLFI) — It's official.
McCutcheon senior Robert Phinisee signed his national letter of intent with Indiana on Thursday.
The standout guard was one of four players to sign with the Hoosiers.
Wednesday marked the first day of the early signing period, which runs through Nov. 15.
Phinisee committed to IU on August 19. He picked the Hoosiers over Purdue, Butler, Ohio State, Xavier, Virginia and Georgetown.
The Lafayette native averaged 21.7 points, 6.8 assists, 5.9 rebounds and three steals as a junior for the Mavericks.
See the video above.
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- McCutcheon's Robert Phinisee drops 50 points in win over Harrison
- Romeo Langford named Indiana Mr. Basketball, Phinisee third place
- McCutcheon's Jackson Smeltz signs to play baseball at Purdue
- McCutcheon's Chapman signs NLI with West Virginia Tech
- A pair of McCutcheon athletes sign letters of intent
- Phinisee's solid night not enough for Indiana All-Stars vs. Kentucky
- Phinisee's buzzer-beating 3 sends No. 25 Indiana past Butler 71-68
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- Robert Phinisee 'excited' to play with Romeo Langford at IU