LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — McCutcheon was down 6-1 in teh bottom of the sixth inning, when the dugouts cleared and one player was ejected. There were no punches thrown, and no real physical contact.
The scuffle ended up being a rally point for the Mavericks.
McCutcheon scored two runs by the end of the sixth inning, both with two outs on the board.
The Mavericks scored one more run in the seventh inning, and had the winning run at the plate, but couldn't complete the comeback.
Kokomo took home the NCC title, winnin 6-4.
McCutcheon and Kokomo are set to play again in the first round of sectionals.
- McCutcheon rallies after dugout-clearing scuffle, Kokomo escapes with NCC baseball title
- Harrison takes NCC softball title over McCutcheon
- NCC Baseball: McCutcheon edges Logansport in semifinals
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- McCutcheon eyes first sectional title since 1999
- McCutcheon student wins gymnastics state title
- Harrison holds off Kokomo to capture sectional title
- McCutcheon's Jackson Smeltz signs to play baseball at Purdue
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- HIGHLIGHTS: Kokomo falls 42-28 to Columbus East in Class 5A state title game