BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WLFI) - Congratulations to the McCutcheon High School Unified Track and Field team! The Mavericks placed fourth in the state finals at Indiana University Saturday.
This was the first year the team has made it past sectionals. Just a few weeks ago, the team placed sixth in the state regional championship in Kokomo, sending them to the state finals.
Unified Sports enables people with and without intellectual disabilities to participate on the same team.
Individual highlights from the state meet include a first place finish in the mixed shot put by Robert Farrell, a second place finish in the mixed long jump by Robert Farrell and Kassidy Crowe, a third place finish in the mixed 100 meter dash by James Mallett and a third place finish in the mixed 400 meter dash by Adrian Gutierrez.
Team highlights included a third place finish by both the girls and the boys teams in the 4x100 meter relay. McCutcheon finished with 96 total points. To see the full results, click here.
Way to go, Mavs!
- McCutcheon places fourth at state unified track and field meet
- Purdue men place third at Big Ten track and field meet
- Harrison, McCutcheon to get artificial turf football fields
- McCutcheon spell bowl team state-bound
- McCutcheon student wins gymnastics state title
- Music is unifying local churches
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- McCutcheon spell bowl team finishes 6th in state
- New security measures in place at McCutcheon and Harrison High Schools