LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — In 10 seasons as McCutcheon head football coach, Ken Frauhiger has yet to guide the Mavericks to a sectional championship.
But when the Mavericks take the field against Kokomo Friday night, Frauhiger, now in his 11th season, will have a chance to end that skid and get the Mavs program back to a regional championship for the first time since 1999.
It's been a tale of two season for Frauhiger's group. After starting the season 0-3, McCutcheon snapped its losing streak to Kokomo back on September 8. Since beating the Wildkats, The Mavs have claimed seven straight victories.
The Mavericks will look to continue the tale on Friday.
See the video above.
- McCutcheon eyes first sectional title since 1999
- Central Catholic peaking at right time, eyes sectional title berth
- Harrison takes NCC softball title over McCutcheon
- Harrison tops McCutcheon 7-1, advances to sectional final
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- West Lafayette eyes revenge, regional title in rematch with Brebeuf
- West Lafayette football program eyes first state title since 2009
- McCutcheon rallies after dugout-clearing scuffle, Kokomo escapes with NCC baseball title
- HIGHLIGHTS: Zionsville girls beat Jeff for sectional title