LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — In 10 seasons as McCutcheon head football coach, Ken Frauhiger has yet to guide the Mavericks to a sectional championship.
But when the Mavericks take the field against Kokomo Friday night, Frauhiger, now in his 11th season, will have a chance to end that skid and get the Mavs program back to a regional championship for the first time since 1999.
It's been a tale of two season for Frauhiger's group. After starting the season 0-3, McCutcheon snapped its losing streak to Kokomo back on September 8. Since beating the Wildkats, The Mavs have claimed seven straight victories.
The Mavericks will look to continue the tale on Friday.
See the video above.
- McCutcheon eyes first sectional title since 1999
- McCutcheon tops Harrison on penalty kicks to capture sectional title
- Central Catholic peaking at right time, eyes sectional title berth
- Harrison takes NCC softball title over McCutcheon
- McCutcheon student wins gymnastics state title
- Harrison tops McCutcheon 7-1, advances to sectional final
- Harrison wrestling wins eighth consecutive sectional title
- Central Catholic, Benton Central capture sectional titles
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central