WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A new fast-casual restaurant is moving into Sagamore Parkway in West Lafayette.
McAlister's Deli will open a new location at the site of the old MCL Restaurant by October.
That's on 521 Sagamore Parkway.
The chain with more than 400 franchises serves giant spuds, sandwiches and soups, but is best known for its sweet tea.
The new site will include a drive-through and will only take up part of the building.
That means more tenants could join the site in the future.
West Lafayette's Development Director Erik Carlson said it will be a popular destination and will continue to help the economic growth along Sagamore Parkway.
"I'd imagine that it's going to become if not already a great attraction for people whether they are looking for a meal or shopping opportunities," said Carlson.
McAlister's signed a 10-year lease with multiple five-year options.
This is McAlister's second location in Greater Lafayette, with the first in the Lafayette Pavilions at Creasy and South.
As we previously reported West Lafayette's MCL Restaurant and Bakery closed its doors in January.
- McAlister's Deli coming to West Lafayette
- History lecture series coming to West Lafayette
- West Lafayette bridge to come down
- Pedestrian plazas possibly coming to West Lafayette
- More trees are coming to West Lafayette this spring
- Universal bathrooms coming to the new West Lafayette recreation center
- Vodka coming in handy for West Lafayette roads
- Improvements coming to West Lafayette streets and sidewalks
- Copper Moon Coffee coming to Sagamore Parkway in West Lafayette
- West Lafayette leaders anticipate 'The Tap' Brewery coming to town