Still can't post images on the blog yet.........
Is patchy frost in early May normal? We usually get a Dogwood Winter (last freeze) & a Black Locust Winter (last frost) & a Blackberry Winter (last lows deep into 40s) in our viewing area.
Our last normal last 36-degree reading:
Monticello - May 7
Logansport - May 7
Fowler - May 4
Peru - May 5
Kokomo - May 5
Frankfort - May 1
Lafayette - May 4
Attica - May 2
Covington - May 2
Crawfordsville - May 2
Rensselaer - May 2
Winamac - May 4
Rochester - May 5
1. Patchy fog later tonight with some patches of frost, mainly northeast of a Demotte to Galveston to Amboy line. Lows 35-41.
35-36: Kentland, Morocco, Demotte, Winamac, Rochester, Lucerne, Peru, Logansport, Deer Creek, Flora
37-38: Kokomo, Forest, Frankfort, Delphi, Monticello, Fowler, Boswell, Otterbein, Battle Ground, Pine Village, Crawfordsville, Newtown
39-41: Lafayette, Attica, Covington
2. Mostly clear early, then clouding up Friday with a few showers/t'showers bubbling up. Windy. Highs 60-67 (66 Greater Lafayette).
3. Tomorrow night becoming clear with some patchy fog & patchy frost. Lows 32-38, coldest Rensselaer to Logansport to Peru.
32-34: Kentland, Morocco, Demotte, Winamac, Rochester, Lucerne, Peru, Logansport, Deer Creek, Flora, Kokomo
35-37: Rest of the area except Covington (39).
4. Increasing clouds Saturday with highs 61-66 (65 Greater Lafayette) with east-northeast breeze.
5. Rain with some thunder Saturday late evening-night to Sunday (heaviest AM to midday). Windy. Highs 55-63 (59 Greater Lafayette). Locally-heavy rainfall totals of +1.5" in some places.
6. Monday will have sunshine & 60-65 (63 Greater Lafayette).
7. Patchy frost is possible Monday night with 34-40.
34-36: Kentland, Morocco, Demotte, Winamac, Rochester, Lucerne, Peru, Logansport, Deer Creek, Flora, Kokomo
37-40: Rest of the area except Covington (40)
8. Tuesday will feature sunshine with 62-67 (65 Greater Lafayette)
9. Wednesday looks mostly cloudy with showers & isolated storms with 62-70, then 44-48 Wednesday night.
10. Thursday may feature a couple morning showers, followed by sun & highs 62-67 (66 Greater Lafayette).
11. Thursday night looks mostly clear with 38-45.
12. Friday looks partly cloudy & warmer with wind turn to the south with 71-77 & 50s Friday night.