GRANT COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Marion man is dead after two vehicles crashed on Kem Road near Troy Avenue.
The Grant County Sheriff’s Department said sometime before 8:10 a.m. on Wednesday a car driven by 45-year-old Weston James was headed westbound on Kem Road.
For unknown reasons, James’ car crossed the center line and crashed into an SUV driven by 61-year-old James Batrum of Marion.
Batrum was taken to a Marion hospital where he died due to injuries sustained in the crash.
James and his 3-year-old son, who was in the back seat, were flown to a Ft. Wayne hospital for treatment. James received injuries to his lower leg while his son suffered a facial fracture.
A 13-year-old boy, who was also a passenger in James’ car, suffered a bruised lung and a facial laceration. He was taken to a Marion hospital for treatment.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Marion man dead after two-vehicle crash
- One dead after vehicle crashes into police squad car in Marion
- 1 dead in two-vehicle Peru crash
- One person dead after off-road vehicle crash
- Marion County dispenses record levels of naloxone
- Marion County adopts needle exchange program
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash
- 2 dead after Montmorenci crash
- Colt World Series leaving Lafayette for Marion, IL