A wind-driven sheets of icy-cold rain is overspreading the area after some patchy freezing drizzle & drizzle early this morning. Thunder is possible.
Severe weather is occurring along & south of the warm front.
I am very, very suprised there is no Wind Advisory here. We will be in advisory criteria this evening-tonight & into Sunday.
This is where it should stay.
Rain will peak in intensity late afternoon-evening with even a few embedded t'storms.
Now-6 a.m. Sunday:
Two surges of 40-50 mph gusts are likely evening-tonight & into part of tomorrow. A couple/few isolated +50 mph gusts cannot be ruled out.
Worst of the wind Sunday will be early part of the day, but the entire day will be windy overall.
Total rainfall of 0.60-1.20" is likely with isolated +1.20" amounts.
After a 30s to 40s day, we should see 50-53 this evening, then 30s by tomorrow morning-tomorrow. A few flakes & sprinkles are possible or parts of the area.
Skies tomorrow look mostly cloudy to cloudy, followed by some later clearing. 20s are likely tomorrow night as winds gradually decrease, but it will still be breezy.
After 30s, 40s Monday-Tuesday, 58-65 is likely Wednesday-Thursday (falling temperatures later Thursday) with a round or two of showers & t'storms. It will be a 24-hour burp of spring because flurries & some snow showers will return Friday-Saturday with highs only in the 30s.
- March 8, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update: Rain, Windy, Some T'Storms & Some Snow Ahead
- February 26, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Sct'd Freezing Rain......Snow, Windy & Very Cold Weather for March
- February 18, 12:30 PM Weather Forecast Update: Accumulating Snow, Ice, Rain (with Flooding), Dense Fog, Flash Spring with T'Storms
- March 6, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 14, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 20, 5 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 4, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 4, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 20, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- March 24, 7 PM Weather Forecast Update