Periodic snow Sunday....mainly late morning-early afternoon.........becoming blustery with falling PM temperatures.
Areas of blowing & drifting snow is expected with northeast to north, then northwest winds at 15-30 mph.
Wind chills of -20 to -10 are likely Monday morning with lows 2-9 with gusty northwest winds with areas of blowing & drifting snow.
Highs Monday, despite sunshine, will only reach 13-17.
The record low high temperature since 1879 at West Lafayette for the date is 18 set in 2014. We will likely fail to reach that mark.
Wind chills Tuesday morning will run -13 to -8 with lows -1 to 7, followed by clouds/sun & some scattered flurries & snow showers Tuesday.
Wednesday looks dry with highs near 26 after 3-10 in the morning with wind chills -5 to 5.
Snow is still likely Thursday to Thursday night before tapering to drizzle/light rain, then light snow Friday. After 27 Thursday & temperatures rising to 30 Thursday night, high of 36 is likely Thursday before falling to 30 late in the day.
Winds will be brisk to 30 mph from the southeast, then southwest, then northwest.
It is still unclear where the +6" band will set up. It keeps wobbling back & forth between the heart of the viewing area, the northern part of the viewing area & altogether north of the area. We will monitor. This is one that bears very close watching.
Rain to some snow southeast half & heavy snow northwest half is possible next weekend. Best chance of substantial snowfall accumulation will be over northwestern Benton, Newton & Jasper to northwestern Pulaski counties, accompanied by northeast to east winds up to 35 mph.
It could be a very sharp cut-off between heavy wet snow & just largely rain with a line from Francesville to Remington to Earl Park.
The heaviest of the entire storm should be over Iowa, northern Illinois & northern Missouri with +8" possible.
- March 2, 10 PM Snowfall & Cold Update
- March 6, 10 p.m. Snowfall & Rainfall Update
- March 1, 9:45 PM Update on the Snowfall Ahead
- January 26, 7 PM: Snowfall Update
- March 11, 11 PM Update
- March 4, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- 6 PM Weather Forecast Update: Cold Weather Records & Accumulating Snowfall Projections
- November 8, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update: Tracking Minor Snowfall & Unseasonably Cold Weather
- January 30, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update: Accumulating Snowfall Ahead
- March 12, 1 PM Weather Update